Monday, November 23, 2015

I am a good mom!

I am living in a time where it is imperative for me to tell myself good things about myself.  Things that are in agreement with God's word.  I am coming out of a season of chaos and whirlwinds and adapting to a normal life again has me searching for who I really am.  I can come up with all kinds of answers to that question, but the real question is who does God say that I am?  I happened to read a devotional today that talked about living a satisfied life.  It really spoke to me so I thought it would be good for me to write about it.  There was a quote from Benjamin Franklin that said "To be content makes a poor man rich, and discontent makes a rich man poor."  The devotional went on to take about being "Satisfied" can be defined as the sense of having enough or doing enough.  That led me to think about my year filled with chaos I was constantly feeling as though I didn't have enough or wasn't doing enough.  I know these thoughts are not true but just acknowledging my feelings.  When there are so many responsibilities on one person the demands can tend to eat at you. Of course the only way to get true satisfaction is to live with the true love, joy and peace of Jesus resonating in our hearts.  In order for me to get my heart on a healthier path, I am starting with taking a new perspective.  I have enough where I am at with Jesus in my life.  This doesn't mean that I am not striving for more, because we all have goals and should never stay stagnant in life.  However, I do not have to be everything to everyone at this moment.  I can rest in who I am in Jesus.  I will never do everything that I want to do, but I am always doing enough in Him.  I will never have everything that I want to have, but I will always have enough in Him.  I love myself and I am defending who I am in Him each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment